Live With Susan G. Komen San Diego
We sit down with Laura Farmer Sherman Ceo & President of Susan G. Komen San Diego, Merrilee Neal Board Member & breast cancer survivor, & Linda Amaro, Chair of race for the Cure at Susan G. Komen San Diego to talk about all that they are doing to help women who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
Susan G. Komen San Diego is the only organization in San Diego County that exclusively addresses the fight against breast cancer on all levels. They have one clear mission: saving lives and ending breast cancer forever. They study San Diego County every 2 years to formulate their community profile, which informs them of where the gaps in breast cancer care are and what barriers to access there are.
They save lives by funding:
• Free diagnostic mammograms
• Free diagnostic services for women without insurance
• Help with life expenses, medical expenses, rent, food, meal delivery, child care and transportation
• Public awareness and education about breast cancer issues
• Support for women diagnosed with cancer who are enrolled in treatment programs
• Research to discover and deliver the cures.
We talk about the 20 year celebration for the Race For The Cure which they host every year in Balboa Park.